Like most people, I absolutely love pasta, but it’s good to keep things interesting. As pasta is such a super simple meal, it’s so easy to get experimental and make something new. This dish was thrown together quickly before heading to the cinema the other night, so the sauce contains just four ingredients… that’s right, four!
The sauce reminds me of a tomato mascarpone; delicious with a bit of vegan parmesan and a pinch of chilli powder sprinkled on top. I haven’t used garlic here, (purely because I was rushing), but feel free to add a clove or two if you can’t get enough of the stuff! I’ve used rigatoni because I love it when sauce gets stuck inside the tubes, but you can use any pasta of your preference. It also calls for a whole bag to make enough for four, as I tend to make big batches for my lunch, but the recipe can be halved to make enough for just 2 people.
So, put down the sugar-filled, store-bought pasta sauce and get cracking with this delicious recipe!
Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Rigatoni
- 500g rigatoni
- 5 x red peppers, roughly chopped
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for around 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a blender, add together the red peppers, sun dried tomatoes (along with a little bit of their oil), vegetable stock and smoked paprika. Blitz until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the pan on the heat. Pour in the sauce, stir well to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce has heated through, serve up! Feel free to garnish with whatever you like, here I’ve used vegan parmesan and a pinch of chilli powder.